[dsn_klr650] (nklr) cd quality

DSN_KLR650
Mark McCoy

[dsn_klr650] year 'round clothing

Post by Mark McCoy » Wed May 10, 2000 3:26 pm

k650dsn@... wrote:
> I'll let all the lemmings wear Aerostitch. > > Gino > Ducking and running for cover
Well, if you are secure with your masculinity it doesn't bother you to be seen in a Roadcrafter... Mark McCoy

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Wed May 10, 2000 3:28 pm

> Well, if you are secure with your masculinity it doesn't bother > you to be seen in a Roadcrafter...
sure 'nuf we learned that last year looking at Beez....(g) Kurt

Michael Hoyt

Post by Michael Hoyt » Wed May 10, 2000 4:03 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Kurt Simpson" wrote:
> > Well, if you are secure with your masculinity it doesn't bother > > you to be seen in a Roadcrafter... > > sure 'nuf we learned that last year looking at Beez....(g) > > Kurt
I'm so happy with my Roadcrafter that I'd wear lip stick if that was a requirement to have one. Masculinity be damned. I want the armour. M

Wilmotte, Todd

Post by Wilmotte, Todd » Wed May 10, 2000 4:15 pm

> -----Original Message----- > From: Sarah Barwig [SMTP:sarah@...] > Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 7:24 PM > To: Wilmotte, Todd; 'Sarah Barwig'; 'DSN_klr650@egroups.com' > Subject: RE: [DSN_klr650] Year 'round clothing > > At 06:43 PM 5/9/00 -0700, Wilmotte, Todd wrote: > >I know that the Original Joe Rockets had poor ventilation but I wasn't > aware > >of inadequate stitching. Are other manufacturers > >utilizing thread other than kevlar for their seam-work?? > > It ain't necessarily the thread. It's the individual finish on each jacket > > or pants that you have to look at. The couple of Joe Rocket pieces that > I've looked at seemed like they'd had someone drunk at the controls of the > > sewing machine. Honest. I'm not saying your particular gear is gonna fail. > > You bought good gear. You'll be ok. (feel better? or at least less > defensive?) Perhaps with the new line they have gotten rid of the poor > seamstresses (why isn't there a masculine form of that word other than > tailor?). I'm just saying what I've heard & seen. Rev. Chuck? Is it > possible that what you were looking at was last years stock, and the newer > > stuff wouldn't be missing that certain "je ne sais quoi" that you felt was > > lacking? > > >I'm surprised and concerned to hear that the jacket and or pants > >came apart at the seams ending in road rash on your friends behalf. But, > so > >often times when people spend a great deal more on something (for > example: > >when someone pays big $$ for the BMW F650 GS instead of gettin' a KLR650) > >they often will slam the quality of anything costing less no matter > what!! > > Dude. Talk about a defensive non-sequitur. > > >When I initially scanned various web pages including rec.motorcycles most > of > >what I discovered was good reports of the new Joe Rocket line.... But, > maybe > >I should research it again!! > > Like you say, they've got a whole new line out there. Maybe they've > radically departed from their previous standards and truly moved into the > high quality section of motorcycle protective gear. > > ---o&>o--- > Sarah Barwig > sarah@...

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Wed May 10, 2000 4:21 pm

In a message dated Wed, 10 May 2000 5:04:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Michael Hoyt" writes: >>
Hmmm..... Fred and I were talking about a talent show for the Get-Together. Maybe and Aerostich drag review would be a possibility. Fred? Gino