carb problem

DSN_KLR650
Dave Sumner

gel seat kit

Post by Dave Sumner » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:41 am

If you have the reach, a Russell Day-Long saddle may be the thing for you. I had one on my TDM850 and rode 750 mi in 14 hours and it was still comfortable when I got off. --- George Basinet wrote:
> Murf, good morning > > When I got my Travelcade I thought is was pretty nice. Later short > rides proved to me that I had made a mistake. After a 2500 miles ride I > hate it. However it may be just my boney butt. >
===== Dave Raleigh NC 2002 KLR650 A16 __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! News - Today's headlines http://news.yahoo.com

Greg May

gel seat kit

Post by Greg May » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi all, the stock seat on my 04 has finally kicked my ass. After a way too busy spring and summer I've finally had a chance to get out on 4 or 5 150 to 200 km rides in the last week and I can only say that the seat is even worse then I remembered it. For the type of riding I do and for the kind of miles I put on I would sooner try a Gel seat kit like Dual-Star has listed on it's site then spring for what appears to be the only other option for me, a Corbin, I do quite a bit of off-road so want to stay reasonably close to the original shape. There seems to be a few problems though, like it seems with everyone else all I can get out of Dual-Star is a message saying that no one is available and their answering machine is too full to accept any new messages. Their site does show the Travelcade gel seat kit on what appears to be pre 08 bikes, next problem seems to be if you go to the Saddemen/Travelcade site although they show a DualSport seat kit they don't list one for any year of KLR that I could find. Has anyone out there tried one of these seat kits if they indeed do exist and where did they manage to get it from. I have seen a couple other seat cover kits that look slightly different then the Travelcade seat but they all are for 08's, does anyone know if the pre 08's use the same seat pan at the 08's so they would be interchangeable. Thanks for any input and have a great evening......Greg __________________________________________________________________ Get the name you've always wanted @... or @...! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

fmhilton

gel seat kit

Post by fmhilton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Greg, I can't answer all of your questions but, Yes the 08 will fit an older bike. How old I don't know. I purchased a used Corbin that had been purchased for an 06 KLR and I installed it on my 08 with no problem. I am just semi-happy with the Corbin. I have also purchased an AirHawk seat pad that I use daily. If you think you would want to purchase an 08 seat ping me off list. Mike H. Louisiana [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Silver Duck

gel seat kit

Post by Silver Duck » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Go to Wally world and find a Stearns strap on cover... $16 bucks, and they do a great job of saving the bootie. ALT="Click this card to send me an email, to reach my Web site, or to find out more about this business card." BORDER=0> ALT="" BORDER=0> ----- Original Message ---- From: Greg May To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 7:43:07 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Gel Seat Kit Hi all, the stock seat on my 04 has finally kicked my ass. After a way too busy spring and summer I've finally had a chance to get out on 4 or 5 150 to 200 km rides in the last week and I can only say that the seat is even worse then I remembered it. For the type of riding I do and for the kind of miles I put on I would sooner try a Gel seat kit like Dual-Star has listed on it's site then spring for what appears to be the only other option for me, a Corbin, I do quite a bit of off-road so want to stay reasonably close to the original shape. There seems to be a few problems though, like it seems with everyone else all I can get out of Dual-Star is a message saying that no one is available and their answering machine is too full to accept any new messages. Their site does show the Travelcade gel seat kit on what appears to be pre 08 bikes, next problem seems to be if you go to the Saddemen/Travelcade site although they show a DualSport seat kit they don't list one for any year of KLR that I could find. Has anyone out there tried one of these seat kits if they indeed do exist and where did they manage to get it from. I have seen a couple other seat cover kits that look slightly different then the Travelcade seat but they all are for 08's, does anyone know if the pre 08's use the same seat pan at the 08's so they would be interchangeable. Thanks for any input and have a great evening..... .Greg ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ Get the name you've always wanted @... or @rocketmail. com! Go to http://ca.promos yahoo.com/ jacko/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Jim Douglas

gel seat kit

Post by Jim Douglas » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:50 am

Silver Duck wrote:
> > Go to Wally world and find a Stearns strap on cover... $16 bucks, and > they do a great job of saving the bootie. > > ALT="Click this card to send me an email, to reach my Web site, or to > find out more about this business card." BORDER=0> ALT="" BORDER=0> > > ----- Original Message ---- > From: Greg May > > To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 7:43:07 PM > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Gel Seat Kit > > Hi all, the stock seat on my 04 has finally kicked my ass. After a way > too busy spring and summer I've finally had a chance to get out on 4 > or 5 150 to 200 km rides in the last week and I can only say that the > seat is even worse then I remembered it. For the type of riding I do > and for the kind of miles I put on I would sooner try a Gel seat kit > like Dual-Star has listed on it's site then spring for what appears to > be the only other option for me, a Corbin, I do quite a bit of > off-road so want to stay reasonably close to the original shape. > There seems to be a few problems though, like it seems with everyone > else all I can get out of Dual-Star is a message saying that no one is > available and their answering machine is too full to accept any new > messages. Their site does show the Travelcade gel seat kit on what > appears to be pre 08 bikes, next problem seems to be if you go to the > Saddemen/Travelcade site although they show a DualSport seat kit they > don't list one for any year of KLR that I could find. > Has anyone out there tried one of these seat kits if they indeed do > exist and where did they manage to get it from. I have seen a couple > other seat cover kits that look slightly different then the Travelcade > seat but they all are for 08's, does anyone know if the pre 08's use > the same seat pan at the 08's so they would be interchangeable. > Thanks for any input and have a great evening..... .Greg > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ > Get the name you've always wanted @... or @rocketmail. com! Go > to http://ca.promos yahoo.com/ jacko/ > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > >
I also got mine at WallyWorld but it was not a strap-on, never thought I would type that! It just sits on top of the seat and I have placed a piece of drawer lining which is sticky both sides to back which keeps it in place, mine is black and shaped somewhat like a shitter lid, had nice rubber lining interwoven, should take a photo and post it, believe it was about 14.00 at wally place.

sulteck

carb problem

Post by sulteck » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:54 am

recap: return from vacation, '99 klr 650 won't start, seafoam, carb overflow , almost run, remove carb. i was fooled by the very small spring loaded plunger on the float valve. i assumed that the plunger controlled the fuel flow. WRONG. i literally had to pry the seized valve out after taking the floats off separately. there are 4 very small ridges on the the valve that crap on them that fouled the movement. so after 3 weeks of no bike because of this problem, I went out for a ride only to back into the driveway with a flat. i don't need no stinkin' luck,,,, i have tools ;-]