east meets west nklr

DSN_KLR650
kdxkawboy@aol.com

klr650 headlight

Post by kdxkawboy@aol.com » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:22 pm

In a message dated 2004-02-18 7:16:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, schelzig@... writes:
> I haven't been able to get my headlight to work since I dropped my bike > a few weeks back. Replaced the bulb, checked the connections and > inspected the fuses. Any other ideas on what might be ailing my lights? > Blinkers, horn, other electrics work fine, BTW. > > Cheers, > Erik > > A15-Miami > >
Have you checked the headlight switch? Could be broken up on the inside. But the best way to hunt down the problem is to pull out a multi-meter or circuit tester and start looking for the point where the voltage goes in but never comes out. Pat G'ville, Nv [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Judson D. Jones

klr650 headlight

Post by Judson D. Jones » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:26 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, rm@r... wrote:
> Rigging up an external daytime running lamp that uses a lower
wattage bulb
> and cutting the main headlight off would work better. It's
probably
> illegal, though.
That's where that european "city light" in the headlight shell might come in handy. I used to run the parking bulb on my /5 to satisfy the daytime headlight requirement.

Mike Torst

klr650 headlight

Post by Mike Torst » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:33 pm

> -----Original Message----- > From: schelzig [mailto:schelzig@...] > Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 7:15 PM > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: KLR650 HEADLIGHT > > I haven't been able to get my headlight to work since I dropped my bike > a few weeks back. Replaced the bulb, checked the connections and > inspected the fuses. Any other ideas on what might be ailing my lights? > Blinkers, horn, other electrics work fine, BTW. > > Cheers, > Erik > > A15-Miami >
Is voltage present at the socket? Was the switch gear on the left-side to handlebar affected? Mike Torst Las Vegas

Fireman Ed

klr650 headlight

Post by Fireman Ed » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:48 am

Chacked the fuses under the seat? after I dropped my bike off a mountain, the fuse blew 'cause the hl switch was in the middle allowing both elements to be on long enough to fry that sucker. I noticed that you state the blinkers and other electrics work, but I think the headlight/tail light(not stop)/cluster lights are on that one fuse. Fireman Ed A17
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "schelzig" wrote: > I haven't been able to get my headlight to work since I dropped my bike > a few weeks back. Replaced the bulb, checked the connections and > inspected the fuses. Any other ideas on what might be ailing my lights? > Blinkers, horn, other electrics work fine, BTW. > > Cheers, > Erik > > A15-Miami

Chris Krok

east meets west nklr

Post by Chris Krok » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:58 am

> From: Zachariah Mully > Subject: Re: dual rim locks and bead issues when tire is flat, long..... > > > All these left coasters need to remember how different the east coast > terrain is from their environs.
Quitcher whinin'! It isn't ALL desert out here, you know. And we're ripe with igneous rocks. Hell, some of the mountains are threatening to blow again... Speaking of which, when are you guys going to get out here for a ride? (I suppose you could ask the same of us!) I'm hoping to get a spare KLR to keep in the folks' garage in Brewster at some point. Lotsa primo two-lane around there, at least once you get away from the new McMansions. El Krokko

Ramey

klr650 headlight

Post by Ramey » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:09 am

what we really want to know is did you have any guards whatsoever and did you drop it putting it in your pickup? Did you drop it on a hard or soft surface? If you were putting it in your pickup what were you using to facilitate your ingress? Inquiring minds want to know. You might check the headlight fuse. -----Original Message----- From: schelzig [mailto:schelzig@...] Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 7:15 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: KLR650 HEADLIGHT I haven't been able to get my headlight to work since I dropped my bike a few weeks back. Replaced the bulb, checked the connections and inspected the fuses. Any other ideas on what might be ailing my lights? Blinkers, horn, other electrics work fine, BTW. Cheers, Erik A15-Miami List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links