[dsn_klr650] (nklr) cd quality

DSN_KLR650
Ted Palmer

[dsn_klr650] year 'round clothing

Post by Ted Palmer » Wed May 10, 2000 8:47 am

run2hills@... wrote: [...]
> I recently purchased a Malcolm Smith Racing ISDE (acronym for _?_)
[...] International Six Day Enduro. An offroad bike event that has (had?) a lot of influence in Europe. Tough rules and much varied stages. Mister_T

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Wed May 10, 2000 9:49 am

> I think Fred wore Barbour > http://www.highlandhiker.com/clothing/barbour.htm > didn't you Fred?
yep, you're right...stay in bed Fred... Kurt

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Wed May 10, 2000 10:03 am

> Aerostich. Luckily, I have no annoying significant other or dependents to > whine about me spending all my money on bikes and bike gear. > > Sarah >
I have plenty of dependents. I only wish I would have bought more moto-stuff so I could tell them "Pay for it yourself of go without" I just bought my 26 year old son a state of the art printer for $500. My daughter (22) got it into her head that she needs to attend Grad School in Cape Town, South Africa. Last week I took out a loan on my house to finance that. The second wife who's raising our two, eleven and five, loved her home being put on the block. When I took out the original mortgage, they asked "How long?" "Depends how many years I want to be dead when it's paid off " I answered. Oh yeah, got to pay $90 for a handgun course for the scholar cause you got to pack in South Africa. F*&^k it ! Do something for yourself. Damn glad I sprung for my Aerostich ten years ago, at a time I could ill afford it. Bogdan

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Wed May 10, 2000 10:33 am

> > I recently purchased a Malcolm Smith Racing ISDE (acronym for _?_) > Cordura / Goretex jacket. It's fairly well vented, mesh lined, and built > very well. >
Saw it this weekend and can say it looks good. Much better than my black Aerostich according to my five year old son. He asked if Eric was a racer. Bogdan

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Wed May 10, 2000 10:41 am

> > If it weren't the official uniform of BMW riders, I'd own some Aerostich > stuff also ;-) > > Gino >
At this point in your life you shouldn't worry what people think of your lifestyle/orientation. Bogdan

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Wed May 10, 2000 10:47 am

Bogdan, Gotta pack in SA?! Wow, maybe you should look into getting her a street sweeper if it is that bad down there (12 shot drum fed 12 gauge developed, made and sold in SA)! On another note, I just noticed that you work at CC... I was wondering if you knew my former housemate, a CC grad, Ned Suesse '99, he had an old XR that he used to run around on, didn't know if you'd seen him. Good luck, it sounds like someone needs to take you out for a beer (or two) at lunch... Thanks everyone for your comments about my Pelican case mounting questions... I have been persueded to go *look* (not buy) at soft luggage, and see if I think that might be better... Then again I am having visions of my GBG KLR with bright yellow Pelicans on it racing around DC :) Zack Bogdan Swider wrote:
> > > Aerostich. Luckily, I have no annoying significant other or dependents to > > whine about me spending all my money on bikes and bike gear. > > > > Sarah > > > I have plenty of dependents. I only wish I would have bought more moto-stuff > so I could tell them "Pay for it yourself of go without" I just bought my 26 > year old son a state of the art printer for $500. My daughter (22) got it > into her head that she needs to attend Grad School in Cape Town, South > Africa. Last week I took out a loan on my house to finance that. The second > wife who's raising our two, eleven and five, loved her home being put on the > block. When I took out the original mortgage, they asked "How long?" > "Depends how many years I want to be dead when it's paid off " I answered. > Oh yeah, got to pay $90 for a handgun course for the scholar cause you got > to pack in South Africa. F*&^k it ! Do something for yourself. Damn glad I > sprung for my Aerostich ten years ago, at a time I could ill afford it. > Bogdan > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry > experiments. > http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/5/_/911801/_/957971025/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

John Laybolt

Post by John Laybolt » Wed May 10, 2000 11:48 am

I just bought a Frank Thomas Aquanot(or something Aqua) Any comments? Anyone have one of these? Anyone know of a good all round glove? Should be waterproof and good to wear in most temps. For now I just have a pair of MX gloves. Are these biking pants really comfortable to wear day in day out in varying conditions? I'm debating between bike pants and jeans with rubber rain pants for the nasty weather. I currently wear just jeans(silly I know) John __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Wed May 10, 2000 12:31 pm

----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] ajax@... [b]To:[/b] tsanders@... [b]Cc:[/b] dsn_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, May 10, 2000 4:56 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_klr650] Year 'round clothing > How come no one has mentioned Belstaff?  I bought a Belstaff Typhoon jacket last > year and was very pleased. I think Fred used to use Belstaff as well...I read recently (can't remember wear [pun intended]) that the Belstaff stuff has accelerated in price and weakened in quality as a result of it becoming "trendy"...I wear waxed cotton Filson jackets all the time... Kurt   [b]It was actually a Barbour jacket and pants I had.  Looked similar to the Belstaff.  I used this jacket for more than 20 years and it was great.  I am now using a MSR ISDE Goretex jacket.[/b]   [b]> I think Fred wore Barbour > http://www.highlandhiker.com/clothing/barbour.htm > didn't you Fred? yep, you're right...stay in bed Fred... Kurt [/b] [b][/b]  [b]Thanks Kurt,[/b][b][/b] [b][/b]  [b]What can I do for those little red squares on my forehead when I fall asleep at the keyboard?[/b][b][/b] [b][/b]  [b]Fred[/b][b][/b]  

Rev. Chuck

Post by Rev. Chuck » Wed May 10, 2000 1:09 pm

>It ain't necessarily the thread. It's the individual finish on each jacket >or pants that you have to look at. The couple of Joe Rocket pieces that >I've looked at seemed like they'd had someone drunk at the controls of the >sewing machine. Honest. I'm not saying your particular gear is gonna fail. >You bought good gear. You'll be ok. (feel better? or at least less >defensive?) Perhaps with the new line they have gotten rid of the poor >seamstresses (why isn't there a masculine form of that word other than >tailor?). I'm just saying what I've heard & seen. Rev. Chuck? Is it >possible that what you were looking at was last years stock, and the newer >stuff wouldn't be missing that certain "je ne sais quoi" that you felt was >lacking? >
I think it was recent stock, I'm gonna go back and dig more. Maybe take it out for a spin and lay that baby down to check out the construction. Naw, they would ask me to pay for it. Maybe it was "heft" or other seat of the pants/off the cuff observation (not punny? ha-ha, laugh anyway). Seams to me the "seamsters" were out on lunch when the pieces I looked at were made. Maybe it looked too much like a continuing marketing statement for me, not sure. There is a great deal of difference in "feel" between the inexpensive Joe stuff and the top of the line Kilimanjaro. Also, when I put the jacket on, the sleve liner slid out with my hand past the cuff, did't detach though. Maybe THAT should be my sign :^) --- Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13 http://klr650.50megs.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Get your FREE Email at http://mailcity.lycos.com Get your PERSONALIZED START PAGE at http://my.lycos.com

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Wed May 10, 2000 3:02 pm

In a message dated Wed, 10 May 2000 11:42:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Bogdan Swider writes:
> If it weren't the official uniform of BMW riders, I'd own some Aerostich > stuff also ;-) > > Gino >
At this point in your life you shouldn't worry what people think of your lifestyle/orientation. Bogdan
>>
Never bother me before. I'll let all the lemmings wear Aerostitch. Gino Ducking and running for cover