Re: How to Bulid a B-9 Robot

lennyhochteil

How to Bulid a B-9 Robot

Post by lennyhochteil » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.
  That is my first choice, I need someone to help me find all the parts( I will buy them) I need a better check list (from head to toe) so I don't miss anything and need lead time to get all the parts to complete the project.Next if there is someone in Southern California who has already built one who can help me put it together, this would help a whole lot. I live in Menifee, Ca. which is near Lake Elisnore or Murrieta or Temecula.or any where else so we can talk and start my project, I would appreciate it.
   I hope that someone can guide me thru it. If any one can help, please send me a photo of your B-9 robot and update me on what he does such as "Talk", lights up ad so on. My B-9 Robot does not have to do everything, perhaps keeping the cost down. I would like it to do the basic, talk, lights up and rotate perhaps. Moving or arms extended might not be necessary. If there is a specific subject group that talks about how to build one on your own, please direct me to it. I find this group hard to find that info.So I am reaching out to my fellow B-9 Builders. 
   So Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!  This will be something I dreamed about when I was young and now I would like to be start building one. Let's start with emailing me at this email address or better yet my other one lennyraveon@hotmail.com. Thank you, Lenny Hochteil     

David Schulpius

Post by David Schulpius » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Lenny,
Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email.
To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you.
This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way. However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work.
Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet:
The official B9 Builders Club website

Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.
That is my first choice, I need someone to help me find all the parts( I will buy them) I need a better check list (from head to toe) so I don't miss anything and need lead time to get all the parts to complete the project.Next if there is someone in Southern California who has already built one who can help me put it together, this would help a whole lot. I live in Menifee, Ca. which is near Lake Elisnore or Murrieta or Temecula.or any where else so we can talk and start my project, I would appreciate it.
I hope that someone can guide me thru it. If any one can help, please send me a photo of your B-9 robot and update me on what he does such as "Talk", lights up ad so on. My B-9 Robot does not have to do everything, perhaps keeping the cost down. I would like it to do the basic, talk, lights up and rotate perhaps. Moving or arms extended might not be necessary. If there is a specific subject group that talks about how to build one on your own, please direct me to it. I find this group hard to find that info.So I am reaching out to my fellow B-9 Builders.
So Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! This will be something I dreamed about when I was young and now I would like to be start building one. Let's start with emailing me at this email address or better yet my other one lennyraveon@hotmail.com. Thank you, Lenny Hochteil

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Attachments :http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995  this book will give you many good idea and may get you started.  Gary  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 8:07 AM
To: Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot    Hi Lenny,   Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email.    To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you.  This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way.  However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work.    Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet:  The official B9 Builders Club website  Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius    On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote:
   So Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!  This will be something I dreamed about when I was young and now I would like to be start building one. Let's start with emailing me at this email address or better yet my other one lennyraveon@hotmail.com. Thank you, Lenny Hochteil       
 No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11258 - Release Date: 12/26/15

David Schulpius

Post by David Schulpius » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Good god Gary! It's a good book but $95? Sorry, I know it's not yours but that price shocks me. I have one of these books and I found it less then helpful in building techneques and resources. It's more of a showcase book in my opinion.
Dave
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM, 'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders] wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot Hi Lenny, Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email. To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you. This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way. However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work. Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet: The official B9 Builders Club website Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote: Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.
So Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! This will be something I dreamed about when I was young and now I would like to be start building one. Let's start with emailing me at this email address or better yet my other one lennyraveon@hotmail.com. Thank you, Lenny Hochteil

Sky Rocket Guy

Post by Sky Rocket Guy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I bought one of those books many years ago. 
I thought it was misleading. It's not a strip by strip guide as it purports to be. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Sun, 27 Dec, 2015 at 5:37, David Schulpius dschulpius@wi.rr.com [B9Builders] wrote:  
Good god Gary! It's a good book but $95? Sorry, I know it's not yours but that price shocks me. I have one of these books and I found it less then helpful in building techneques and resources. It's more of a showcase book in my opinion. 
Dave
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM, 'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders] wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot   Hi Lenny,  Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email.   To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you. This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way.  However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work.   Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet: The official B9 Builders Club website  Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius   On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote:     Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Attachments :I didn t even check the price so I m as shocked as yourself.I would be contacting Flint Mitchell or lisfan press direct.  Surely that can t be a correct price.  Gary    From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot    Good god Gary! It's a good book but $95? Sorry, I know it's not yours but that price shocks me. I have one of these books and I found it less then helpful in building techneques and resources. It's more of a showcase book in my opinion.   Dave  On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM, 'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders] wrote:
  http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot   Hi Lenny,  Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email.   To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you. This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way.  However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work.   Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet: The official B9 Builders Club website  Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius   On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote:     Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11258 - Release Date: 12/26/15  No virus found in this message.
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11262 - Release Date: 12/26/15

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Attachments :I agree but it does give some insight into what it takes to build Our good friend.  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 9:24 AM
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com; Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot   
I bought one of those books many years ago.   I thought it was misleading. It's not a strip by strip guide as it purports to be.     Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android  
  Good god Gary! It's a good book but $95? Sorry, I know it's not yours but that price shocks me. I have one of these books and I found it less then helpful in building techneques and resources. It's more of a showcase book in my opinion.   Dave  On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM, 'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders] wrote:  http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11258 - Release Date: 12/26/15  No virus found in this message.

Greg

Post by Greg » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:07 pm

David,

I have to agree with you - it's a nice book to have - but the price is way out of line. Then you have to take account that the group has moved beyond what is in the book. EZ Robot and Ardunio processors just to name a few.

My two cents - research the club web site. Pick one area to start with - main thing to remember is that this is not a weekend project. Live the journey not the final destination - the journey will give you more memories.

Later,

Greg

On 12/26/2015 3:37 PM, David Schulpius dschulpius@wi.rr.com [B9Builders] wrote:
Dave
http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot Hi Lenny, Welcome to the club (in more ways then one). There are not really any How To books, lists or threads on how to build the big guy. Most of us have started just like you. Overwhelmed and not really knowing where to get parts and help. There are a number of web sites where builders have shown their progress and methods of building. More on this later in this email. To be blunt (in a nice way I hope) there are not really many people that can afford the time and energy to find parts for other builders and assist them in the day to day building. It's tedious time incentive to find the right part and building one of these big robots can be very complex. It has happened though that two or more people have come together to build this robot and the result is usually a lift long friendship. So don't stop trying to find someone to work with you. This email list is here for you to ask building and technique questions. We make a heck of a support group when you burn, break or tare some part you've worked to build or had a hard time finding. Don't be afraid to ask questions on how someone is doing this or that. I understand that this Yahoo email group is kinda hard to search for past information but I promise that the archives are loaded with tons of info on how every part of the robot has been built in every conceivable way. However I fear you'll find little assistance if you ask someone to build the robot for you. I tried some of that when I first started and just got polite advice on how I could do this with a little self education and hard work. Along with this email group please visit our dedicated B9 Builders website. Spend time browsing through the different parts and you'll find lots of info on building the robot, parts for sale and links to builders websites and scrapbooks that will let you see how they built their B9. Here's the direct link to that site if you haven't been there yet: The official B9 Builders Club website Again welcome and happy building. Dave Schulpius On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM, lennyhochteil@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote: Hi name is Lenny Hochteil I live in Menifee, Ca I recently joined the B-9 Builders Club. I have wished for a very long time to build a B-9 Robot. I grew up on Lost in Space and Star Trek and Star Wars. I do collect other robots such as R2D2, Gort and of course Robbie the Robot. All small scale sizes. I would like to start the new year with a big wish to find someone who can help me build the B-9 Robot.

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Attachments :http://www.ebay.com/itm/LISFAN-1-to-8-and-You-Can-Build-the-Lost-in-Space-Robot-on-DVD-ROM-/151794233589?hash=item2357a430f5  Here it is on DVD with a number of other items$18.99 US plus postageGary  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 9:31 AM
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot    I agree but it does give some insight into what it takes to build Our good friend. From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 9:24 AM
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com; Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] How to Bulid a B-9 Robot  
I bought one of those books many years ago.  I thought it was misleading. It's not a strip by strip guide as it purports to be.   Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android 
  Good god Gary! It's a good book but $95? Sorry, I know it's not yours but that price shocks me. I have one of these books and I found it less then helpful in building techneques and resources. It's more of a showcase book in my opinion.  Dave On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM, 'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders] wrote:  http://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Lost-Space-Robot/dp/1880417995 this book will give you many good idea and may get you started. Gary From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11258 - Release Date: 12/26/15 No virus found in this message.
Version: 2016.0.7294 / Virus Database: 4489/11262 - Release Date: 12/26/15No virus found in this message.