Re: Touch up paint.

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
Jack Pearce

Touch up paint.

Post by Jack Pearce » Mon May 22, 2000 2:15 pm

Trying to get touch-up paint out of Safari is like pulling teeth. Has anyone found what automotive touch-up paint colors are the same as Safari colors? BTW, Rustolium does not match any Safari color. Jack and Liz Pearce

wjmehard@juno.com

Re: Touch up paint.

Post by wjmehard@juno.com » Tue May 23, 2000 1:47 pm

--- In Safarifriends@egroups.com, "Jack Pearce" wrote: > Trying to get touch-up paint out of Safari is like pulling teeth. Has > anyone found what automotive touch-up paint colors are the same as > Safari colors? > BTW, Rustolium does not match any Safari color. > > Jack and Liz Pearce Here is what to do... Locate an automotive paint dealer/store/distributor, etc. They usually can provide an aerosol can of laquer or synthentic enamel for a nominal charge. Locally here in Charleston, SC, Parks auto paint can match the color in lac or enamel for $14.95. a can. I saw this done in Tampa earlier this year by one of my friends and the match was excellent. I think most of the Safari's are painting with 2 part urethane and I would check to see if you can put enamel over that kind of paint. I hope this will help with your touch-up problem. Bill Mehard F180579 driving a 97 Trek 2830