Re: [Safarifriends] Re: TREK suspension system

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
Terryl Johnson

Re: [Safarifriends] Re: TREK suspension system

Post by Terryl Johnson » Sun Mar 12, 2000 9:21 pm

My 2 cents worth I have a 1996 Trek 28 foot Gas Model. I keep AirBags at 85-90 pounds. I do not notice any appreciable leaks. Maybe I add 5-10 pounds a year. I have installed the following: 1. Bilstein Gas Shocks Front and Rear 2. SteerSafe 3. Henderson Ball Bearing Bell Cranks 4. A 2 3/8 inch rubber spoiler under front bumper. 1. The Bilsteins gave the coach a firm feel after reacting to a bounce. It is not a hard ride but it does not allow the coach to get mushy on bumps. 2. The Steersafe is for sudden wheel turning movements [aka a tire blowout] Have not had any blowouts but people I have talked to that had a blowout felt the Steersafe greatly aided their controlling coach. 3. Installed Henderson Bell Cranks and realy did not notice any big difference. My coach steered very well before installation. 4. Rubber spoiler reduces amount of air flowing underneath coach at speed, therefore reducing lift which can lighten front end creating wander. An additional byproduct is because of lower pressure underneath I created a suction effect thru radiator and actually run cooler. Terryl Johnson Titusville, FL --- wjmehard@... wrote: > --- In Safarifriends@onelist.com, dickberg@x... > wrote: > > I have a 99 TREK 28" RV and note that a lot of > owners put on > Bilstein shocks > > front and back. Also I have heard a lot of > complaints about the air > bags in the > > front, losing air quickly, difficult to get to > check/fill point > etc. Please > > educate me about the suspension sys. problems and > recommended ways > to fix them. > > Do the Bilstein shocks replace the air bags in the > front? Any and > all info much > > appreciated. Richard Lechtenberg San Diego CA > 800-768-8920 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com