Re: [Safarifriends] LP Gas

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
Jim Kelley

Re: [Safarifriends] LP Gas

Post by Jim Kelley » Sat Mar 11, 2000 10:40 am

i probably didnt explain my "detector" solution very well... the safari detector is a "sniffer".. it goes off if it smells lpg IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA the pressure cguage shows a drop in pressure if there is a leak ANYWHERE in the system to protect yourself with sniffers, you would have to install them in quite a few places... refrig, water tank, furnace... all of which are semi-sealed compartments quite expensive and time consuming to install with the guage, if it shows a drop in pressure, you shut off the tank and drive to a plumber who can detect the location with his sniffer > From: "Terry Webner" > > The older Safari Motor Coaches were not built with an LP detector. I found that > strange as my other motorhome did have one. Today, I talked to a Safari owner > who had a problem with his older water heater and had it repaired. Apparently > when it was repaired, a gas connection was not tight. The gas leaked into the > water compartment and when the water tank asked for heat, they got a lot of it. > It didn't cause the coach to burn down, but they had a large explosion blowing > the cabinet door off. They were both lucky and were able to get out without > being hurt badly. Detectors in the compartments would have saved the day on > that one. > > I have a new (99) Panther and the only gas I use is on the stove top and fridge. > I also have a detector by the door. Maybe I need to look into a detector below > the fridge..?? > > > > Terry Webner > twebner@... > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE! > Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as > 0.0% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. > Apply NOW! > http://click.egroups.com/1/2122/1/_/678482/_/952178676/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Community email addresses: > Post message: Safarifriends@onelist.com > Subscribe: Safarifriends-subscribe@onelist.com > Unsubscribe: Safarifriends-unsubscribe@onelist.com > List owner: Safarifriends-owner@onelist.com > > Shortcut URL to this page: > http://www.onelist.com/community/Safarifriends > > >