Social Media and Hoodoo

News stories and historical documents relating to the practice of conjure. Brought to you by our sister-site, Southern-Spirits.com
The

Social Media and Hoodoo

Unread post by The » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:26 am

I put it in this subforum because I guess this covers a current social trend.

How do you deal with hoodoo magic when there's an increased that your photo or a friend's photo of you will end up online? There's so many social networking and photo sharing sites these days. Isn't it all a huge risk? I know it makes me quite paranoid. I'm trying not to be so wary of putting my picture online though.

How do you guys deal with it?

Turnsteel

Re: Flickr, Myspace, and hoodoo?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 am

You deal with it. If your keeping up your protection work, and everyone should, then you'll probably be fine.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm

By keeping up the protection work do you mean a protection vigil candle or something else? I mean how can we make it an ongoing process? I also have faced the same issue and so I never share my pics with anyone...

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Most of it is keeping your self and home clean and protected. I won't go into home protection here. You can read more about it in this thread: http://forum.luckymojo.com/home-pretection-t1217.html and on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:22 pm

The wrote:I put it in this subforum because I guess this covers a current social trend.

How do you deal with hoodoo magic when there's an increased that your photo or a friend's photo of you will end up online? There's so many social networking and photo sharing sites these days. Isn't it all a huge risk? I know it makes me quite paranoid. I'm trying not to be so wary of putting my picture online though.

How do you guys deal with it?

Some folks just don't put up their pictures. Other folks will put up pictures that are out of focus, fuzzy, or blurry, or where part of their face is hidden, so that the image that someone working on them has to work with is incomplete or fuzzy and ill-defined.
Most importantly as Hail Discordia said, is to keep yourself clean and protected.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Thank you Miss Bri & HailDiscordia. The mentioned link has a lot of info, also I wasn't aware that if the fuzzy photo may be a weaker link to the person...

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 pm

path2success

Really if you worry about leaving a trace of yourself everywhere all you accomplish is driving your self crazy, your voice on tape can be used too ya know. All you can do is have faith in your work.

The

Unread post by The » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

HailDiscordia wrote:Really if you worry about leaving a trace of yourself everywhere all you accomplish is driving your self crazy, your voice on tape can be used too ya know. All you can do is have faith in your work.

That's very true :-) And thanks for the link to the other thread.

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Avoid the whole online photo-sharing rigamarol all together. Keep it oldschool with the forums.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 pm

I put up pictures all the time -- but they are "prepared" pictures. They may contain an embedded protection spell or sigil, for instance.

I also keep protection around my shop, church, and home.
catherine yronwode

rickets

Unread post by rickets » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 pm

LeBaptiste wrote:Avoid the whole online photo-sharing rigamarol all together. Keep it oldschool with the forums.

That's odd to say, as it's easy to protect yourself if you believe someone will print your picture out and do work on you.

Everyone serious in Hoodoo work has protection up all the time for them.

Return to “Hoodoo in History / Hoodoo in the News”